Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Tarragon Chicken Salad

As much as I don't like mayonnaise, I do love a good chicken salad. I tend to like my chicken salad with just enough dressing to moisten the salad, and I like a little bit of acidity. This is a pretty basic recipe. I've taken Martha Stewart's classic chicken salad and adapted it a bit. Serve on good whole wheat bread or over a bed of mixed greens.

Ingredients
4 cups poached chicken breasts, cooled and shredded
1/2 cups green onions, diced
2 cups red seedless grapes, halved
1 cup diced celery
2 Tbsp fresh diced tarragon
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 Tbsp dijon mustard
juice from 1 lemon
salt and pepper to taste

Instructions
1. Mix chicken, onion, grapes, celery, and tarragon
2. In another bowl, mix dressing ingredients
3. Add dressing to chicken mixture
4. Add salt and pepper to taste

No comments: