This is so good, and used several items from last week's CSA box. The stuffing recipe made way more than 4 pepper-worth, so we just ate the rest as a side.
- Vegetable-oil cooking spray
- 1 1/4 cups fat-free chicken or vegetable broth
- 2/3 cup couscous
- 4 large bell peppers, mixed colors
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 6 oz zucchini, quartered lengthwise then sliced across thinly
- 6 oz yellow squash, quartered lengthwise then sliced across thinly
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 15 oz canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 4 oz crumbled feta cheese (about 1 cup)
1. Preheat oven to 350, and spray baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Boil broth, add couscous, remove from heat and cover
3. Cut the tops off peppers, and remove seeds and membranes. Boil peppers in a large pot for 5 minutes. Drain upside down. Place in baking dish.
4. Saute onions and squash with salt, oregano, and fennel seeds over medium heat until soft.
5. Remove onion / squash mixture from heat and stir in tomatoes, chickpeas, couscous, and feta cheese.
6. Fill peppers will couscous mixture, bake at 350 for 15 minutes.