Monday, August 3, 2009

Zucchini Fritters

Source: Nigella Lawson, Cookstr

Sorry, no pics. Ate these too fast.

I substituted smoked gooda cheese for the feta. I know, smoked gooda doesn't resemble feta at all, but I love it and I had a huge chunk of it from Sam's club so I was going to use it, damn it! It was delicious and I make no apologies. This is a great use for zucchini and summer squash while it is in over-abbundance. BTW, these would make an awesome little appetizer if made bite-sized.

Ingredients
  • 4 zucchini (approx. 1½ pounds)
  • 5–6 scallions, finely chopped
  • 9 ounces feta cheese
  • small bunch fresh parsley, chopped
  • small bunch fresh mint, chopped, plus extra to sprinkle over at the end
  • 1 tablespoon dried mint
  • 1 teaspoon paprika
  • scant 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • salt and pepper
  • 3 eggs, beaten
  • olive oil for frying
Instructions
1. Grate the zucchini and spread out on paper towell to drain about 20 minutes
2. Mix herbs and cheese, add flour
3. Add egg to flour / herb / cheese mixture, and then mix in zucchini
4. Heat oil in pan, plop in zucchini mixture, and fry until golden brown

No comments: